Who is she?

I've been partially avoiding this post. In my defense I've also been partially too busy to have the time to sit and type. I don't really want to talk about myself.  I figured, however, that I'd have at least one post solely about me and label it separately on its own. That way it can easily be found under the menu pages at the top of this site.
Guys, this is me:
...well forever ago, me, that is. Yes, I had to do a throwback.
Circa 2004? 2005? something like that, I was about 10. Wearing my grandma's glasses, sporting a fake mole and pretending I was pregnant with a balloon. If you don't have goofy pictures of yourself printed on Kodak paper from Walgreens, did you really have a childhood?
I'm kidding, but solid proof that I was always a weirdo.
A more recent pic
I was born and lived most of my childhood in Illinois, near the Chicago area. My family relocated to Texas by the time I started middle school. I've lived there since up until the past few months.
I am the middle child to an older sister and a kid brother. I love my sister, we are just two years apart so we are v close. I am half Filipina from my mothers side and half Mexican off of my fathers. I don't speak either Spanish or tagalog. Actually I did live in the Phillipines for a couple years when I was a baby and according to my parents spoke only Tagalog. I guess upon moving back into the states my pliable baby mind farted out all of that to learn English. Oh well. I took Spanish in high school and know remedial Spanish...sort of. jajaja~ I am 24 years old as of July 25th. I have two kids and I am married. 
We were married in sunny San Diego in April 2017 <3
Yes, I started young. I won't listen to anything negative anyone has to say about getting pregnant or married young. I've probably heard it all before and it would be a waste of breath. In 2013 I had my first daughter, Aviva,  two weeks shy of my 19th birthday. She was born on July 7th. I like to view that day auspiciously since she was born on the 7th day of the week (Sunday) on the seventh day of the seventh month. Unless you are like a calendar and consider Sunday the first day of the week then just forget what I said. lol 
fresh out the oven baby Aviva ft. 1st time inexperienced mommy, ME.
Gil took this picture when we first started dating, about 2 months into our relationship.
My second daughter Abigail was born 3 years later. I had Abby with my husband.
I was a plump round preggy here, at 9 months.
from Abby's newborn photoshoot
I should elaborate, what I mean, is that Aviva was from a [toxic] previous relationship. Gilbert has been in our lives since Aviva was 2 and has been the closest and best thing she's had to a real dad than her biological father. That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes and I'm ok with that. 
I spent the last two years living in "the Valley", near McAllen in Texas but moved to Virginia in September. Gilbert is in the Navy so we relocated because of that. So far its been good to us :)  
Reunited with my baby at his Pass in Review ceremony from bootcamp. Hooyah!
It me! :) Nakey face but accept me for how I am damnit!
I want to one day become a children's book illustrator. Not so much an author but that second name you see that appears on a book cover. The one responsible for being the mastermind behind the artwork. I want to be the one putting the pictures in picture books, no pun intended! I love to paint and draw whenever my free time allows me too. I also love to clean so when I'm not cleaning my time is made up of sleeping (cause yay naps!), mommy life duties or being in the gym. Until recently I have found a love for fitness. I'm hoping one day I can be a personal trainer. That would be amazing, but first I have fitness goals I want to reach and I want to obtain my dream body. I want to learn all I can about fitness and nutrition. I want to help others reach their goals and get their dream bodies. The best part about fitness and working out is that you can sculpt and fix your body how YOU deem fit. I was tired of what I saw in the mirror and decided I wanted to change it. I have a long way to go but I know with patience, consistency and time I can get there. 
I love coffee and sunshine coming through the windows in the morning. I love nature and I love animals. I love being a mommy even though its hard work. I love sweets and books and all genres of music. I love to dance and sing even though I'm not good at both. I love flowers and green plants. I love sticking my hands out of the window when driving in the car. I like laughing with my children and listening to the silly thoughts they have and things they say. I love making my husband smile, I love listening to Aviva sing and Abby say words wrong but it doesn't matter its cute anyways. I love traveling to new places and walking slow. I like uncomfortably warm showers even though I have to put on tons of baby oil afterward so my skin isn't dry. I like minty chapstick and flipping my pillow over to the "cool side" I like talking to people even though I also don't mind being by myself and keeping to myself. I don't like to take things too seriously and I don't like the fact that I cuss too much. I like to take pictures because sometimes those are the only memories you can keep. I like to wear my husbands shirts and walk around in my undies and maybe not even brush my hair. Hair is weird though and I hate when its everywhere on the floor. I can't stand the feeling of hair on my skin or when my feet get wet and the rest of my body is dry. I dont like when my feet get covered in crumbs because I like to walk around bare foot. I'm girly. I'm ticklish. I love poetry and classical art. I love soft kisses and sleeping in. Above all I love my family, I love Christ and I love good food but then again, who doesn't? ...and thats really all I can think of for now. 

signing off
-I need a shower




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aviva's rainbow/paint party

A Vocabulary Parade

A Trip to the Asian Market