pumpkins and stuff

Abby & her pumpkin AKA Fall pumpkin patch toddler #OOTD

A church several blocks away from us had a famers market pumpkin patch. It wasn't anything extravagant but the perfect size for a quick pumpkin pick out for the girls first time. There was no entrance fee and the pumpkins weren't overpriced. Cheap & free, just how I like my pumpkin patches :P I was really feeling these grey and white pumpkins but I needed something the kids could paint and one Gil and I could carve. We still aren't sure what to carve on our pumpkin but we plan on doing it a few nights before Halloween so it doesn't prematurely rot. I think I read somewhere you can give your pumpkin a "bleach bath" to help it last longer but I might be making that up. I'll have to look it up again. Really quick, I wanted to show you the donut pumpkin I painted. I'm digging the way it came out. I saw some pictures of pumpkins done up in donut style and thought yep that's so me! I could do that!
I found the perfect pumpkin, free of stem.
I'm "eating a donut while painting a donut pumpkin" goals
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Our pumpkin family outside. (Aviva's purple pumpkin, Baby Abby's pink one.)

I feel like I've been doing one crafty project after the other, all month long. I made and finished Aviva's costume. On top of that, We have been getting together preparations for Abby's birthday for a while now. Today, I finished Aviva's "Vocabulary Parade" costume for school. I can't wait to share them all with you! I'm going to make separate posts for each of those projects later on, hopefully next month. This past weekend I tried this snack Pin for Aviva's class. She takes snacks about once every month for Kindergarten. I though the kids would get a kick out of these.

I had to make 21 of these baddies. I ran out of the green pipe cleaners about half way through and had to settle for brown ones. The green looks a lot better IMO but the brown will work. They kind of look like jack-o-lantern faces with curly brown hair lol

I stuck the packet on with simple gift wrapping scotch tape.

Gil asked me "how are they suppose to be orange?" and I'm like, boom *whips out the Hawaiian Punch singles* "this how!". I had extra bottles and singles left over so I let Aviva and Abby try it out. One packet is def. on the strong side for mini water bottles! smh. I was worried the kids were gonna be all jacked up on sugar but thank goodness they are sugar free. It tastes more like Sunny D than water so I think it will be a hit with the kids. If I wasn't making these for a room full of spill-prone, little, 5 year olds, I would have used full sized bottles. I'm always trying to push Aviva to drink water and its always a task of its own. I wanted to switch it up with water for snack time. This route was actually cheaper. A 12 pack of Nestle water bottles was about $1.88 and a box of 8 Hawaiian Punch singles was $1. That beats buying three packs of Minute Maid or Juicy Juice 100% juice. You do the math and thats a Mommy win.

signing off
-while the kids play inside the kitchen cabinet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aviva's rainbow/paint party

A Vocabulary Parade

A Trip to the Asian Market