She fell from a star

...she fell very far. And Kansas she says is the name of the star!
I LOVE The Wizard of Oz. Its such a timeless film. Such as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and not the cringey Johnny Depp remake. I don't care if they are "slow" or "boring" to some. I will always enjoy them and have already shown them both to Aviva. She likes them enough as well :) Judy Garland is a doll. Its funny that she's suppose to play a young child. Im not exactly sure but Dorothy's character is about 12 if not younger? I read Judy Garland had to bind her chest down so she wouldn't look too womanly. I've read many interesting things about the making of The Wizard of Oz. You'll have to do some research, I promise you won't be disappointed. Reading about all the woes on set and hassle that went into making the movie has only added to my attraction for the movie. Not to mention Dark Side of the Rainbow.  If you don't know what that is, its basically the movie played on mute with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon played simultaneously. If I remember correctly you start the album at the second roar of the MGM lion in the beginning then the lyrics and music should line up with the movie in some very coincidental ways. It's worth trying out for funsies. Look up a list of all the match ups and see if you can catch them ;)
Last year for Abby's 11 month photos I went Wizard of Oz themed. It sort of just happened. Target had the CUTEST Wizard of Oz dress. It has a heart shaped cut out on the back as if the print wasn't cute enough. Didn't have the iconic red sparkly shoes but used the sequined red bow as an alternative. 
Background props go to this cute little hidden gem in Hidalgo, Texas. Its called Paula's Tea House. They had the cutest fall photo op and we took these photos early one morning before it got too hot. Because yes its still hot in October in south Texas. Not sure if you can tell but it was too early for Abby and her face looks puffy from sleep. The mosquitoes were relentless that day. We had to hurry and rush the photos. Thankfully I had Gil to help me swat them all away while I snapped pictures and I think they still came out well.
Even Aviva got a picture in with the skeleton bride that the Tea House had set up for Halloween. Its on their beautiful old carriage that sits on their front lawn year round. Not sure if Aviva was allowed up there but I couldn't resist sitting her up there for a quick pic. ~whoops sorry. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aviva's rainbow/paint party

A Vocabulary Parade

A Trip to the Asian Market