Disney Babe~

I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a Disney mom 
There has been a lot of Disney collaborations/collections lately that are giving me serious heart eyes. The Disney Store recently dropped the Oh My Disney 90's inspired collection and I am here for it! I grew up on Disney and I can thank my mother for that. We owned every predominant Disney movie on VHS. Even then, we were lucky to own some of the lesser known films. I think with the exception of the really discreet Disney movies [Songs of the South, both Fantasias' and the Sleepy Hollow one] we had every one you could think of. My sister and I had shelves that bordered our childhood bedroom that our VHS sat neatly on. My mother was so particular about them that even to this day they are in practically like-new condition. She just keeps them stored in tote boxes now. You bet your ass I am going bananas over these VHS lookalike clutches:
*breathes heavily*
Now to convince my husband this is a wise investment. hehe~
I wouldn't even know which one to get, Hercules is probably one of my favorite movies but aesthetically I think they did so well on all the VHS covers! Beauty and the Beast cover art is on point, but Aladdin is ICONIC.  Who doesn't like Aladdin? The Goofy Movie clutch is growing on me too though. Gil and I watched it with Aviva for her first time the day I introduced them. So it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Aside from that, these Hercules mugs are nostalgia heavy for me. They are like the Hercules plates that McDonalds gave out one year and yes, my mother had bought them all, please tell me you remember these:
we messed some up in the microwave lol
You gotta check out the entire collection on shopDisney online. OK, but enough about that collection. Disney Animators collection is also a favorite of mine. It's basically all the princesses done up in "chibi" style. Its just too cute. I was super stoked to get my hands on a box of the princesses set for Aviva. They sold out quickly at the local Disney store that I actually gave up on them for a while until I found them again when I had visited San Diego. aaaand OH MUH HEART~ They are all so stinkin' cute. I considered not even opening the box at first but I reminded myself they were for AVIVA and not for my obsessed ass. Behold them in their freshly purchased unopened glory:
It's definitely not the best picture I could have taken. The plastic packaging is distorting the last row of figurines but you get the idea.
~~~~~~
This year marks Mickey's 90th Anniversary and there has been some hot collabo's dropping. Yesterday I saw a neato advertisement video for Disney x Nixon. I believe Target has been carrying some Disney stuff as well. Everyone needs to chill the f out already with the cuteness man, I can't handle it!!
The main reason I made this post however, was to talk about the Disney x Vans collection.
CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT IT!?
According to Disney x Vans they wanted to capture Mickey throughout the decades. They were not off!! I'm so happy I've been able to get some pieces of this collection. My husband, mother-in-law and sister-in-law are to thank for that. These are the ones I've been lucky to have:
Straight outta the postage box, the packaging is EVERYTHING!
These are from Journey's but Tilly's and obvi. the Van store carry this collabo.
 Even the paper wrapping felt *magical* :p
 Aviva's Minnie Mouse shoes
Matching pairs for Baby and I. ^___^ These have heavy 80's vibes. The kids version is velcro instead of a lace up, as you can see.
 The inside of these shoes are covered with Mickeys. I love little details like this!
<333
 Aside from the velcro straps, the design is exactly the same on both, adult and child sizes. Love the color palette
A few days later my husband also surprised me with the matching hat. It says "boys" but its a snapback, so it fits my coconut head :)

 
 I was expecting the matching sweater as well. Tilly's emailed us that said it had sold out and "please don't hate us, here's 25% off". whadda eff. Yes I hate you, why was it even an option to purchase it, if they were gonna "sell out" during the waiting to ship portion after placing your order? LAME! It's not the first time I feel cheated from this collection. They had the matching fanny pack that I could only find selling overseas. Not sure whats up with that but it was the fanny pack that had originally drawn me to it all.
seriously am I alone in how much I dig this fanny? It looks like something you'd get as an awesome thrifted find. It would be perfect for the gym. I would be able to keep my bands, chapstick and phone in it rather than having to lug around my gym duffle. 
FEELING REAL CHEATED HERE y'all 
no matter,
About a week later we received these final two pairs for Baby Abby's birthday courtesy of her Tia Mana.
 Now Aviva and Abby can match with the Minnie pair!!
 This pair is a Journey's Exclusive design. The tiny Minnies are extremely cute! I like tiny anything though. The inside lining is covered with Minnies instead of Mickeys'
Abby trying them on for size but more fixated on diggin' for gold.
>>>>>
...and that's that! Vans run true to size in case you're wondering. I can't wait to take a "Mommy and Me" picture with Baby Abby in our matching shoes. Wish we had more opportunities to rock our new Vans but the weather lately has been trash. It's either raining or the ground is too wet to trust the kids wearing them outside. I did however, manage to get in a couple leg days in mine ;) They are appropriately flat like my Chucks and PF Flyers.  In the meantime I'm enjoying them even if they are sitting in the boxes for the most part. Disney fans, you gotta see what hasn't sold out and get yourself something.  I can only wonder how the 100th anniversary of Mickey Mouse will be like!

signing off
-M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aviva's rainbow/paint party

A Vocabulary Parade

A Trip to the Asian Market