TWO SASSY

Happy Birthday Baby Abby
technically she's Toddler Abby now but whatevs.
We are blessed to be able to celebrate another year with our sweet girl. She's perfectly two, filled with wonder, curiosity and ambition. She takes naps, but sometimes thinks she doesn't need to. (She still needs to) She expresses her thoughts and emotions in short sentences. She's learning more words everyday. In fact she's like a little parrot. All these emotions can be overwhelming. aka toddler meltdowns. The collapsing to the floor crying, the screaming, the frustrated "I can't" that she tells us ...We'll get past these moments babygirl. Daddy, hang in there too, I'm going along with the punches. I don't always know what to do. For my Coco loving little lady, love you to pieces. 
Got this from JADEandPAIIGE on Etsy. They carry lots of personalized shirts for many occasions;)

Call me a joy kill but I don't see the necessity in throwing my children a first, second and even third birthday party. Mostly because they're too little to remember it. Hear me out; I don't disagree with anyone who does it, you do you. Your kid only turns that age once. I think if my kids had family who lived nearby or my friends with kids didn't live so dang far away, it would have been a possibility. My kids didn't/don't go to daycare so it's not like we had daycare buddies to invite either. The hassle of planning and throwing a party wouldn't be worth it for us. That doesn't mean I don't celebrate. When I think of birthday essentials, I think, balloons, decorations, a cake, and a cute birthday outfit. You don't have to spend hundreds, you can birthday on a budget. It's us adults who feel the pressure to throw big parties for our kids. I get it, give your kids the things you didn't have. Real talk though, your kids aren't going to judge you if you don't give them a party. At least not at such a young age. Guarantee. We finally gave Aviva a small party when she turned 5 even then, she never asked for one. She probably would have been fine without. So for the past couple years I've been decorating/celebrating in little ways that I know my kids would love. Small gestures to make their day special and make them feel special.
Painted the Coco inspired skull and letters muhself ;)
 I actually had to make the banner myself too. Ok, not entirely since I purchased the pdf for the banner and cupcake toppers off Etsy. I printed them out at the local FedEx Print shop, You can do it all from your phone, swear the future is now. You upload the files you want, pick the type of paper you want to print it on and then they let you know when to pick it up. Awesomeee.
I was being frugal and printed the banner out on brochure paper instead of cardstock. Should have sucked up the extra bucks because the whole cutting, gluing on poster board and cutting again was a b.
it was worth it though, since it came out adorbs >>>
 There's such a lack of Coco themed party supplies. I'm surprised. I mean they had freaking CARS 3 themed party supplies, like who tf even likes Cars let alone the 3rd movie? Who lets their kid have a Cars 3 themed birthday party? Thats child abuse. Anyways, most Coco supplies online were sets for big parties and I just wasn't feeling it. I don't need Coco paper plates and cups for the rest of the month. I'm sure Baby Abby would have liked that. Thank goodness Dia De Los Muertos is in November and Baby Abby doesn't know the difference. Any calavera/catrina/sugar skull is "COCO" to her. Target had some cute Day of the Dead party decor. yisss Target come thru~

 yeah dude, I went there with the ofrenda photograph


This next one is a blurry picture but her smile and reaction to the Princess Tiana doll was so genuine. She also loves "Princess Prog" and its the best damn thing knowing she has things she enjoys and makes her little heart happy *tears*
>>>>>>>>
 Etsy also came through with this Miguel balloon
 Since it was only Gil, the girls and I, I thought it would be smart to go with cupcakes rather than order a whole cake. We would end up throwing half of it away because we wouldn't be able to eat it all. Gilbert doesn't even really like cake, aside from Tres Leches. It's so weird to me, I love cake...anyways these cupcake toppers were perfect.

<333
>>>>>>>>>>
Of course the day would't be complete without a little Mama Coco dress up.
It's a little corny but we tried xD
                                
The best part is that I did this all for under $200. maybe even $150....My advice is be cute, be creative and don't forget the balloons.
ok, wrapping this up quickly, time to put the kids to bed.
signing off

ballin' on a budget



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aviva's rainbow/paint party

A Vocabulary Parade

A Trip to the Asian Market